Vintage Argyle floral open tea cup and saucer
Fine bone china made in England ~ Argyle.
- Very pretty open Victorian style tea cup with rose floral bouquet decoration in cup and rich maroon outer.
- Rich heavy gilding to rim base plate and handle.
- 4 inch diameter rim 2.25 inch tall.
- 5.75 inch diameter saucer in rich maroon with gilt rims.
- One tiny glaze fault on underside.
We researched this cup and saucer extensively and have not been able to establish if Argyle is the pattern or brand. We cannot find any manufacturer having used the brand Argyle associated with the Staffordshire Argyle Rd factory. Many manufacturers have produced Argyle pattern china, but nothing matching this set.
We Also Recommend
Royal Albert Flowers of the Month Series Floral China Saucer Snowdrops January