Choosing the right Colclough china replacement tea cup shape.

Posted by Vintage Farmhouse on

It's quite a subtle difference but Colclough made a variety of tea cup shapes over the years. The most common later 2 cup shapes are referred to as C shape and D shape.

The C shape is shown on the left. C is slightly shorter and smooth sided, flaring slightly towards the rim, like the old Countess shape (C) 

D shape is slightly taller and with a flatter bottom rising to a waist with a notable bulge in the top half of the tea cup, again with a slight flair to the rim.

Both shapes normally have identical handles with an arched break and thumb support.

We are loading new Colclough china to our catalog weekly view our current Colclough stock here

Share this post

← Older Post Newer Post →

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published.